Help young athletes fall in love with football and teach them valuable lessons that will last beyond the final whistle.
Why Miami NFL FLAG?
NFL FLAG is the largest flag football organization in the country and is supported by the National Football League. Youth athletes ages 5 to 17 (preschool – 12th grade)—regardless of background, age, and socioeconomic status—have the opportunity to participate in a fast-paced football league in a safe environment.
Show your love of the game by helping to create plays and memories for NFL FLAG youth athletes
- Access to free coaching tools
- Official NFL team jerseys for your players
- Opportunity to help young athletes have fun while teaching them the importance of sportsmanship, teamwork, comradery and discipline
- A chance to inspire the next generation of football players
- Coaches get to:
- Choose their practice day
- Choose their NFL team jersey
- Coaching discount!
1. Coaches will need to pass a background check prior to the start of the season. The Commissioner will contact coaches concerning this prior to the start of practices.
2. Playing Time: Each player must play at least half of the game. No player is permitted to sit on the sidelines for three consecutive drives.
3. Teams must hold a minimum of one practice per week (unless weather forces cancellations).
4. Fun and Winning: The obsession with winning is driving young athletes away from sports. Athletes need to have fun and learn the game at the same time.
5. Coaches need to be on time for each league event and should never leave a participant alone. A coach should never be alone with one of their players. Ask another parent or another coach to stay with you and the athlete until their ride arrives.
6. Coaches will communicate with the parents frequently regarding schedule changes, issues that may arise, etc.
It is extremely important that we, as coaches, remember that a successful youth coach is defined by how many of their players decide to return to play again next season.